Friday 27 February 2015

Never Alone

I came across the following prayer on the www.ibelieve.com website and I had to share it with you and I hope it does for you what it did for me or more.


That moment when your world feels like it's closing in on you, the moment that takes your breath away and not in a good way.. Some moments you're up and some you're down. Some battles you win, some you draw, some you lose. Some moments you fail God and you think surely I've frustrated His love and grace.

Your mind echoes questions like, Why? What do I do? Where do I go? God where are you? Do you see what is happening? Why must this be a part of my story? God do you understand? The questions and negative thoughts are countless.  No one knows or understands how you feel. The pain inside feels unbearable.  You feel alone, your situation must be unique you think. Surely this is all too much, I'm not sure I will make it you say.  (True Story)

This was how I was feeling. I started to google information surrounding what was going on in my head. My discovery was this, I am definitely not alone. There were several persons thousands of miles away typing out the very thoughts I was having. People with doubts, questions and a struggle to trust that the God of all would never leave them where they are, people like me.

That song one set of footprints comes to mind, when we feel at our lowest and unable to go any further is usually when God is holding and guiding us through the dark valleys. The story, the journey and the process can get very messy, leaving us feeling stuck and without hope. But in these times it just further fortifies the fact that only God is that constant friend and source and that with Him I can do all things and overcome all things. I don't always FEEL it, I sometimes have to believe what doesn't necessarily exist in my pool of thoughts or emotions at the time. Faith it, I like to think, I don't yet see it, but I believe it. I believe that provided I act on my faith, I will see things that have not yet come into existence.

Facing your human frailty can be pretty unnerving, knowing that your frame can only (health wise) successfully bear some amount of repeated exposure to stress and pressure.Knowing that we have supernatural reinforcement. That we aren't meant to do it alone, that God is always there and wants to be there for us. When we remember and allow ourselves to come to the realization that the Lord cares and urges us to cast our cares on Him. In the moment that we do, we find a peace that can come from no other source and cannot be duplicated.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

You are never alone, never forget it.
May the joy of the Lord be your strength.

Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There, I am

Toya Stewart-Rowe

Follow Us

Instagram

Social media